Sep 7, 2007

Winner

How ironic the day of qualifying for the Louisiana gubernatorial race was the last day of elections for the Student Bar Association. Well maybe not that ironic, but still, I was excited for two reasons:

1.) No Ray Nagin for Governor.

2.) I won the office I was running for, President of the 1L Class.

I'm glad I won -- I've always found myself more apt to focus on school when I have other things on my plate such as a leadership position. Also I feel like I can do some good because of my experience with how things work at LSU.

I ran against four other opponents and was concerned right until the results were announced that I might lose my first real election. I think I'm just used to being a journalist and making fun of politicians.

Thanks to everyone who supported me, I will try my hardest to do you proud.

No comments: